Sunday, August 21, 2011

Embrace Web 2.0

Not f'd (FSF)
Well, I have never been a big fan of Facebook and the likes. But I have to admit: it is a good tool to build up your network again.

Yesterday I registered for LinkedIn and Xing, it was a lot of fun to rediscover old friends and classmates with whom I had lost touch. It will never beat having a drink on a hot day and chat away during a free afternoon, one real friend will always better than a thousand virtual ones, but I really had fun trying to reconnect with so many loose ends. In that way I also got the word out that I am back in the country and, well, 'hirable'.

For the real headhunters, I placed my CV on ictjob.be and IT-JobBank.

The past two weeks, I have also kept a close watch on the job offers at Elance and Guru. Most are small projects, but it is a good way to earn some small cash.

Now all I have to do is come up with a catching name, create myself a nice, attractive website, and the project hunt can start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...